27 Valentine's Day Specials 2018 - Johannesburg Events, Lunches & Dinners
Valentine’s Day is the day of the year that we celebrate the people we hold dear and form new romances under the banner of love.
Love is in the air, hearts and balloons fill up the stores and the mystery of secret valentines floats around us.
If pink and red confetti is not your ideal night, then take a look at this list for some creative ideas to try out this Valentine’s Day.
Be inspired by the rebellious spirit of St, Valentine, who married young couples in secret, when it was illegal to do so, and try something new and adventurous in the name of love.
Leave the cheesy cards and last-minute roses behind this year and explore the events happening around Johannesburg around Valentine’s Day.
Check out what's happening in Johannesburg Today and This Weekend.
Quick JumpValentine's Day DinnersValentine's Day Dinner at The Devonshire HotelLove in Fifty Shades Valentines Day Wine and Food PairingValentine's Dinner At The Radisson Blu Gautrain HotelValentine’s Pairing at SAB World of BeerValentine's Dinner - From Rome With LoveA Night Under The Stars Valentines on FoxPerformancesSpecial Valentine's Day Screenings of: True RomanceValentine's Outdoor Movie & PicnicWhistle StopThe Muses Special Valentine's PerformanceNight Picnic & Outdoor Movie ScreeningValentines Day Open Air CinemaValentines Evening with Louise CarverOther Valentine’s Day EventsValentine Rock Party at Chicago'sFarmers Market - Valentine's Day 2018Valentine's Day At The Blue Diamond Boutique HotelValentines Paint NightValentine's Day Special 6pm Show at the PlanetariumValentine's Vegan Cooking ClassFebruary Night Market on Valentines DayValentines Day Yoga Valentine's Day Specials
Valentine's Day Dinners
No hours of cooking or dishes this year! Take your partner out and enjoy a delicious meal at one of these venues. Enjoy the opportunity to relax and just talk to one another while surrounded by great food, wine and a night without worries.
Valentine's Day Dinner at The Devonshire Hotel
For a romantic dinner for two, enjoy this five-course supper at The Devonshire Hotel.
Share the experience at The Devonshire Hotel
The delicious menu features varying courses for ‘him’ and ‘her’, which encourages couples to share and experience the food together.
While she indulges on smoked salmon and cream cheese crostinis, her partner can enjoy a caramelised apple and blue cheese crostini, and while he enjoys beef carpaccio, his partner can enjoy crudites with chives creme fraiche.
For mains, the couple can enjoy beef tenderloin with either a lemon mustard sauce served with creamy fondant, or a red wine reduction served with creamy potato fondant.
- Cost: R289 pp
- When: 6 pm - 9 pm
- Address: The Devonshire Hotel, Cnr Jorissen Ave & Melle St, 2017 Braamfontein
- Full Event Info: Valentine's Day Dinner at The Devonshire Hotel
- Tickets: Here
Love in Fifty Shades
Get ready for ‘Fifty Shades Freed’ with this Fifty Shades of Gray themed dinner at The Moors Castle.
enjoy a sultry evening at Love in Fifty Shades@imkhcmavis
The romantic candlelit dinner has an inviting atmosphere for a night of intrigue and indulgence.
Guests are welcomed with a glass of champagne, and the three-course dinner includes a gift bag.
The ‘red room’, designed for Valentine's Day, acts as a decadent dessert bar.
Take a look where you can watch the Fifty Shades Freed in your area and make it a Fifty Shades-themed night out. Booking is essential so don’t miss out.
- Standard 3 Course Meal | R450 pp
- Seafood Food 3 Course Meal | R550 pp
- When: 6:30 PM - 11 PM
- Address: The Moors Castle, 638 Larsens Road, Muldersdrift
- Full Event Info: Love in Fifty Shades
- Tickets: Contact Tanielle on:
- 061 543 3467
Valentines Day Wine and Food Pairing
Longmeadow has planned our a great wine pairing event, perfect for any foodies looking for a night off from cooking.
Enjoy a feast at Valentines Day Wine and Food Pairing@splendidweddingco
Besides the welcome glass of champagne and the incredible wine that will be paired on the evening, guests will be treated to a delectable dinner for two including some of these menu items;
- Crumbed and deep-fried camembert set on fig and pumpkin seed coulis
- Calamari caprese Salad drizzled with olive oil and basil Pesto
- Prawns wrapped in Kataifi Pastry with Sweet Chilli Sauce on a bed of Rocket
- Parma Ham and Melon set on a bed of rocket, drizzled with balsamic glazeMains
- Flame grilled Longmeadow Sirloin steak served with mash potatoes, pepper sauce and seasonal vegetables
- Chicken breast stuffed with Spinach and herbed mozzarella, served with Chives, Mash, seasonal vegetables and creamy tomato sauce
- Herb and Emmenthal crusted Kingklip, potato and olive cake, with a sweet chilli, lemon butter sauce
- Mediterranean vegetable lasagne served with a creamy white sauce and side salad
- Traditional French Crème Brûlée
- Chocolate brownies served with vanilla ice cream and chocolate sauce
- Homemade nougat ice cream
- Cost: R550p/p
- When: 6pm
- Address: Longmeadow Function Venue - Fourways, Montecasino Boulevard
- Full Event Info: Valentines Day Wine and Food Pairing
- Tickets: Email
Valentine's Dinner At The Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel
150 million Valentine’s Day cards go out each year in the season around Valentine’s Day.
spoil your significant other at The Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel@RadBluGautrain
Make this Valentine's Day more special this year by forgetting the card and taking your loved one to a romantic dinner at the Radisson Blu.
This three-course meal is a celebration of love and romance for couples looking to celebrate Valentine’s Day romance in the air.
- Cost: R880 per couple
- When: 7 pm - 10 pm
- Address: Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel Sandton,Corner Of Rivonia Rd And West, Sandton,
- Full Event Info: Valentine's Dinner At The Radisson Blu Gautrain Hotel
Valentine’s Pairing at SAB World of Beer
This Valentine’s Day event is a creative compromise between a romantic Valentine’s dinner and a relaxed Saturday on the couch with a beer.
enjoy a relaxed valentine's day at SAB World of Beer@SABWorldofBeer
SANB World of Beer has created a beer-pairing event that pairs the humble beers that we all know and love and tasteful, delicious food full of flavour and excitement.
It’s a brilliant idea for couples that want to have a low-key Valentine’s Day without too many rose petals and candles. The menu includes:
- Smoked salmon rosettes on a toasty bruschetta with cream cheese and deep fried capers - paired with Flying Fish Lemon.
- Strawberry sorbet.
- Fillet of springbok carved on creamy mashed potato with a pink peppercorn sauce, pearl vegetable, and crispy pancetta - paired with Carling Blue Label.
- Deep fried crumbed camembert cheese wedge with red onion marmalade served with a mini baguette - paired with Carling Black Label.
- Decadent chocolate brownie with espresso anglaise, berry coulis, vanilla ice cream and a phyllo fan - Paired with Castle Milk Stout & Cream Ale.
- Cost: R503
- When: February 17 at 1 pm - 4 pm
- Address: SAB World of Beer, 15 Helen Joseph Street, Newtown
- Full Event Info: Valentine’s Pairing at SAB World of Beer
Valentine's Dinner - From Rome With Love
This year, instead of wondering what Valentine’s Day in Rome would be like, the Wanderers Club will bring Rome to you.
Explore a taste adventure at The wanderers club
Indulge in the Italian lifestyle with live street-style music and a seven-course dinner which includes a welcome drink and a gift bag.
Close your eyes and listen to the sounds of the streets of Rome, experience the Italian’s passion for food and taste the exquisite Mediterranean flavours.
The club is planning this dinner well in advance to find only the best quality olives, olive oils, pasta and Italian spices.
- Cost: R485 pp
- When: February 16 at 6 pm - 11 pm
- Address: The Wanderers Club, 21 North Street, Illovo
- Full Event Info: From Rome with Love - Valentines Dinner at The Wanderers Club
A Night Under The Stars
Foodies of Johannesburg unite! This event provides an exciting trip around the world in tasting-sized portions.
Indulge on a variety of foods from around the world at El Jalapeño@eljalapenojhb
Experience the top ten meals from Hashi Fusion Sushi and El Jalapeno Latin American Eatery in an outdoor tasting experience.
A total of twenty tasting snacks will be served under the night sky for the ultimate food-lovers Valentines day experience.
Live local entertainment will take you into the night after you’ve received a welcome drink on arrival.
- Cost: R350 pp
- When: 7 pm
- Address: El Jalapeño, 32 7th Street, Linden
- Full Event Info: Valentines Evening with Louise Carver
- Tickets: Email
Valentines on Fox
Arouse your senses with this Valentine's Day dinner for two.
Enjoy an intimate celebration at Verdict the Venue@verdict.venue
With live music to entertain you, a beautiful candle-lit, three course dinner prepared for you and a special love potion cocktail specially created for the evening by their in-house mixologist.
- Cost: TBA
- When: 7 PM - 10 PM
- Address: Verdict the Venue, 23 Fox street
- Full Event Info: Valentines on Fox
- Tickets: Email
If you’re not a food lover at heart, or you just want something different, try an outdoor movie or a theatre performance. Sit back and relax knowing that you and your loved one an enjoy a night of entertainment and excitement.
Special Valentine's Day Screenings of: True Romance
Join the tradition and celebrate this Valentine’s Day with a cult classic. Every year on Valentine’s Day, The Bioscope screens the action-packed love story ‘True Romance’.
have an action-packed valentine's day at the bioscope@thebioscopecinema
A story about a con-man who marries a call girl, a suitcase full of drugs and a vengeful mob.
While not your typical Sandra Bullock rom-com, this gun-slinging couple show devotion not seen since Bonnie and Clyde.
Enjoy this classic night at the movies, travelling back to 1993. The Bioscope will have a trio of pizzas on offer on the night if you aren’t too busy cuddling.
- Cost: R50pp (pizzas range from R57 - R92)
- First screening at 6pm
- Second screening at 8.30pm
- Address: The Bioscope Independent Cinema, 286 Fox Street, 2094 Johannesburg
- Full Event Info: Special Valentine's Day Screenings of: True Romance
- Tickets: here
Valentine's Outdoor Movie & Picnic
Have the best of both worlds this Valentine's Day. Oakfield Farm is hosting a movie under the stars with a picnic style food option.
fall back in love with a classic at oakfield farm@WilliamShakespeare'sRomeoJuliet
Couples can choose to pay R400 for entrance and a picnic basket filled with yummy picnic snacks like cheese and biscuits as well as some wine for the evening.
What better movie to celebrate the day of love than the most celebrated love story of all time; Romeo and Juliet.
This 1993 version takes Shakespeare's immortal tale and sets it in 1990s Miami, where a pair of star-crossed lovers desperately try to kindle a fierce love for one another while their families, rival crime houses, try to keep them apart.
This tragedy transcends time and is best experienced with a nearby shoulder to cry on.
- Single Entry: R80.00
- Couple Entry: R400.00 (with picnic basket)
- When: 6 pm - 9 pm
- Address: Oakfield Farm - Wedding & Function Venue, Plot 240, Beyers Naude Drive
- Full Event Info:Valentine's Outdoor Movie & Picnic
- Tickets: here
This production is a relaxed way to experience themes of time, love and the little thoughts that we all keep to ourselves.
Enjoy a night at the theatre with Whistle Stop@hijinksZA
Whistle shop has finished a successful run at the 2017 National Arts Festival in Grahamstown and the Baxter Theatre in Cape Town and now it arrives in Johannesburg for Valentine’s weekend exceptional performance on the POPArt stage.
This hour-long production shares the story of a man, a woman, a bench and a love story that transcends time.
Winner of a Standard Bank Silver Ovation Award and a PANSA New Writer’s Award, this show is a great Valentine’s Day experience.
- Tickets R120 at the door
- R100 if you book and pay online
- 14-17 February at 8pm
- 18 February at 3:30pm
- Address: P.O.P. Art, 286 Fox Street
- Full Event Info: Whistle Stop
- Tickets: here
The Muses Special Valentine's Performance
This exceptional performance will be a great addition to your Valentine's Day plans.
indulge in the musical talents of The Muses@The.Muses
The Muses are a band of four lively classically trained musicians who have reinvented modern pop songs with their classic instruments.
Their upbeat and fun renditions of worldwide hits have given a new experience to their classical instruments.
The group is made up of two violins, one viola and a single cello which each bring their elements to the music.
Experience this unique performance on Valentine’s Day this year at the Barnyard Theatre.
- Cost: R150
- When: 8 pm - 11 pm
- Address: Rivonia Barnyard, Rivonia Crossing 2, Cnr Witkoppen Rd And Rivonia Rd
- Full Event Info: The Muses Special Valentine's Performance
- Tickets: here
Night Picnic & Outdoor Movie Screening
Enjoy a traditional outdoor movie with an exciting twist this Valentine’s Day.
Be entertained at Ubuntu Kraal@jamsonice
Jams On Ice has organised an entertaining evening for you to remember all year long.
Besides the usual film, the hosts have arranged comedians, DJ’s and a live band to keep you company throughout the night.
Tickets will also get you a picnic basket full of treats as well as complimentary drinks.
Tickets can be booked in groups of up to 10. Tickets are available at the door but book online for discounted prices.
- Cost: R250 per couple
- Prices vary depending on size of group
- When: 5.30 pm - 12.30 am
- Address: Ubuntu Kraal, 11846 Senokoanyana Str, Orlando West Ext2, 1852 Soweto
- Full Event Info: Night Picnic & Outdoor Movie Screening
- Tickets: here
Valentines Day Open Air Cinema
Have an enchanting picnic and outdoor movie at one of Johannesburg’s hidden gems.
Enjoy a scenic picnic at Shepstone Gardens@shepstone.gardens
Your ticket fee includes a yummy picnic basket for couples to share and bottomless drinks on tap.
Choose between craft beer, craft gin and tonic and prosecco to indulge on for the evening.
This wedding venue will create a breathtaking environment for a night of romance.
- Cost: R700 per couple
- When: 4 pm - 11 pm
- Address:Shepstone Gardens, 8 Hope Rd, Mountain View,
- Full Event Info: Valentines Day Open Air Cinema
- Tickets: Email
Valentines Evening with Louise Carver
Enjoy an intimate performance from Louise Carver in this beautiful setting that reminds one of a Midsummer Night's Dream.
enjoy a night of beautiful music and song at The Full Stop Cafe@louisecarvermusic
Accompanied by guitarist Gideon Botes, Louise will be performing some of her greatest hits as well as some old classics.
This relaxed evening will have a romantic and mystical atmosphere, with couches and lounge chairs scattered around the lawn.
Snack on meals prepared from the hosts special Valentine’s Day menu.
Each ticket holder will receive a free pair of freshwater pearl earrings from Louise’s jewellery range. Doors open at 6.30pm.
- Cost: R250 pp
- When: 6.30 pm - 10.30 pm
- Address: Full Stop Cafe, 50 7th Avenue Parktown North
- Full Event Info: Valentines Evening with Louise Carver
- Tickets: here
Other Valentine’s Day Events
If you’re looking for a unique experience this Valentine’s Day, try something new this year.
These events are for couples sick of the usual pink hustle and bustle of Valentine’s Day and just looking to have some fun.
Valentine Rock Party at Chicago's
Rock out this Valentine’s Day at Chicago's Piano Bar. Enjoy the ‘pink gin and tonic’ themed evening with your loved one or some friends and dance the night away with the live band and DJ.
have a rockin' valentine's day at Chicago's@Chicagos.Piano.Bar
They’ve got a great deal of Gin and Tonics on the night with R20 for a double PINK Gin & Tonic.
Mark Beling & Dev from Mean Mr Mustard will be providing the entertainment for the evening.
Tip: Send a sweet message to your loved one by emailing the message to firstname.lastname@example.org before 13th February to have it displayed on your table.
- When: 5 pm - 12:30 am
- Address: Chicago's Piano Bar, Cnr Beyers Naude, Duiker street, Randpark Ridge
- Full Event Info: Valentine Rock Party at Chicago's
Farmers Market - Valentine's Day 2018
TJRoots at the Landbank hosts this great Farmer’s market where local ingredients, produce and foods are put on display.
Find great products at the Farmers Market @TJRootsFoodCo
Enjoy plenty of great fresh produce from small local suppliers and experience a great day out.
Take a walk among the stalls and take the opportunities to meet some of the vendors who have their products on display.
TJRoots also supports many emerging farmers, starting out their business.
Be sure to try out the wide variety of fruits, vegetables, jams and preserves and other sweet treats at the market.
Tip: If you’re planning on cooking Valentine’s Day dinner for your loved ones, this is an excellent place to start your shopping.
- When: 9 am
- Address: The TJ Roots Food Company, Randburg, Ferndale
- Full Event Info: Farmers Market - Valentines Day 2018
Valentine's Day At The Blue Diamond Boutique Hotel
The Blue Diamond Boutique Hotel is celebrating Valentine's Day in style this year with fantastic spa specials and overnight packages.
Relax this valentine's day at The Blue Diamond Boutique Hotel@bluediamond.co.za
Spoil your significant other with a day at the spa that includes full body exfoliation, aromatherapy massage and an Indian head massage.
Extend your Valentine's Day experience with accommodation and a romantic three-course dinner in their Gemstone restaurant.
Help your loved one to relax and experience a Valentine’s Day romantic bliss with these fantastic packages.
- Spa experience R700
- Valentines Night Stayover R1900 per couple
- When: February 14th
- Address: 761 Rubenstein Drive, Pretoria
- Full Event Info: Valentine's Day At The Blue Diamond Boutique Hotel
- Book now: Website
Valentines Paint Night
For something unique, try a paint night this Valentine’s Day. Lillian Gray, a trained fine artist, leads a relaxed class through a painting session.
Don’t panic if you or your partner aren’t avid painters; no painting experience is needed. Enjoy an atmosphere of relaxation and creativity, where the wine will always be flowing and the conversation bubbling. All of the equipment and canvases will be provided, so just bring along your partner and your wit. Painting is a great way to relieve stress and just play with the creativity muscle that many of us don’t often get to stretch. A cheese platter will be served for snacking on the night.
- Cost: R900 per Couple
- When: 17 February (Saturday) 7 pm - 10 pm
- Address: Lillian Gray Art Studio, 82 Kessel Street
- Full Event Info: Valentines Paint Night
There are just no excuses this year for a boring Valentine’s Day, with so much to do, you’ll be spoilt for choice.
Plan your day of love early in 2018, to avoid the last minute rush to find something to do.
You can enjoy these events if you’re a long-time couple, new romance or just a group of single friends looking for something to do on a Wednesday in February.
Valentine's Day Special 6pm Show at the Planetarium
Experience a night under the stars with a spectuacular show of light and music.
Experience magic at the Wits planetarium@marcocannetiello
The Wits Planetarium will be showing a special Valentine's Day show showing off the romantic scenes and constellations theorized by astronomers, both past and present.
The show will be presented by Kobie van Zyl and will be accompanied by classical romantic music.
Explore the wonders of the universe this Valentine's Day and experience the most stary night you could ever imagine.
- Cost: R60pp
- When: 6 pm - 7 pm
- Address: Wits Planetarium, WITS University, Yale Rd, Braamfontein
- Full Event Info: Valentine's Day Special 6pm Show
Valentine's Vegan Cooking Class
What better Valentine's day gift is there than your partner learning how to cook?
Ace every date night ever with the skills you learn at the Valentine's Vegan Cooking Class@devegetarischeslager
New experiences together as a couple have a dramatic bonding effect as you struggle or succeed together.
This has never been more true than with a cooking class.
Learn how to spice up your vegan meals, spend time working together with your significant other and learn all the tips and tricks you'll need for the next time you decide to make a romantic dinner for two.
- Cost: R400 pp
- When: 6 PM - 8 PM
- Address: Selinasfarmfresh, 56 6th Street Parkhurst
- Full Event Info: Valentine's Vegan Cooking Class
- Tickets can also be purchased from Selina's Farm Fresh in Parkhurst.
- Limited seats available, book now to avoid disappointment
February Night Market on Valentines Day
Treat yourself this Valentine's Day with a visit to this night market.
Explore local talents at the Febuary night market@MarketOnMain
If past markets are anything to go by, this is going to be a great night out.
With everything from vintage clothes to food, art, gourmet cocktails and desserts, this market is a trending buzz of local talent.
If you're looking for a low-key night out that isn't covered in cupids and glitter, this is a great way to spend time with a partner, crush or group of friends.
- Cost: Free entry
- When: 6 PM - 10 PM
- Address: Market On Main, 264 Fox Street
- Full Event Info: February Night Market on Valentines Day
Valentines Day Yoga
While the idea of couples yoga can be daunting to some, there is no need to panic,this class has the potencial to become a great bonding experience.
Learn something new together this valentines day at Valentines Day Yoga @WellnessInMotionSA
This class is a combination of various styles of yoga. While some of the moves are solo, you will have to work together with your partner for other moves.
Its a relaxing way to bond with your significant other if you've done yoga before. For couples wanting to try yoga for the first time, this is the opportunity to learn something new together in a shared experience.
- Cost R150 per person solo
- R280 per couple
- When: 6 PM - 7:30 PM
- Address: Wellness In Motion, Greenpark Corner, Mezzanine Level, 3 Lower Road
- Full Event Info: Valentines Day Yoga - it's all about connection
- Book now: Email
Valentine's Day Specials
If you are still stumped for gift ideas this Valentine's Day check out some of these amazing specials:
- Desir - Spoil her with lingerie here
- Mr Price Apparel - A new outfit for your loved one here - Win a R500 voucher for you and your Valentine
- Earth Hair - Get your hair ready for 2018 with these natural products here
- Replace me - Make more than love connections this Valentine's Day here
- Boardriders - Head into the water this Valentine's Day here
Travelling over Valentine's Day? Check out what's happening around the country:
- Valentine's Day - Events, Dinner & Lunch Specials | Durban 2018
- Valentine's Day - Events, Dinners and Parties | Pretoria 2018
- Valentine's Day - Events, Dinner & Lunch Specials | Cape Town 2018
Alternatively check out:
Our vision at Vibescout is to provide the most relevant, current and comprehensive information.
If you feel we've missed something amazing or have any suggestions regarding our system, we would love to hear from you! Contact: info (at) vibescout.com