12 Markets in Pretoria: Food, Craft, Music & More - 2018
Explore the very best Pretoria has to offer in terms of local produce and craftsmanship. Discover a nearby farmer’s markets selling fresh produce, open-air food markets and monthly night markets you never knew existed.
Don't forget to check what’s happening in Pretoria today
Quick JumpCowhouse MarketDeepRoots Night Market Evergreens Housewives MarketGreenlyn Goods MarketHazel Food MarketIrene at Smuts MarketIrene Village MarketMarket@TheShedsMontana Family MarketPretoria Banting MarketPretoria Boeremark The Centurion Farm Stall Market
A relaxed weekend outing@ellaloveforever
Market lovers, exercise junkies and foodies this is the market for you! This outdoor market offers a range of fun activities which appeal to the whole family. If you are feeling energetic there are running and MTB trails, otherwise just grab a drink and relax whilst listening to some live music.
There is a large play area and enough space for the kids to run around as well as pony rides on offer. This market is pet-friendly so bring along your canine and enjoy a fun day out together.
- When: Saturdays & Sundays,10am - 4pm
- Where: Corner Ridge Road and Oukraal Boulevard, Hazeldean, Pretoria East
- Full event info: Cowhouse Market
- Contact: 072 399 0154 or 082 550 9865
DeepRoots Night Market
Grab a bite and mingleDeep Roots Night Market
DeepRoots Night Market is a greatly anticipated monthly event at the CBC Old Boy’s Club. When visiting this night market for the first time expect gourmet street food, drink and craft beer specials and live music.
There are clusters of wooden pallets with cushions laid out on the grass for you to sit around whilst you savour your food, have a drink with friends and enjoy the live entertainment. You’ll soon be looking forward to the next one.
- When: First Friday of the month, 3.30pm - late
- Where: CBC Old Boy’s Club, 78 George Storrar Drive, Brooklyn
- Full event info: DeepRoots Night Market
- Contact number: 084 574 5757
Evergreens Housewives Market
Fresh produce galore!
Evergreens, located on the Tshwane Fresh Produce Market, is the perfect place to fulfill your fresh produce dreams. This large-scale greengrocers is located in a large warehouse, with the stalls spaced throughout for your browsing pleasure. You can choose from a large selection of fresh fruits and vegetables, eggs, breads and deli items.
Cut out the middle-man by coming here to stock up your pantry. We suggest you arrive early and beat the crowds as the market gets quite busy especially on Fridays and Saturdays.
- When: Weekdays 7am - 5pm, Saturdays 7am - 3pm
- Where: Evergreens, Corner of Vom Hagen and President Burger
- Full event info: Evergreens Housewives Market
- Contact number: 012 326 3097
Greenlyn Goods Market
browse beautiful hand-made products
Pop through to browse beautiful handmade products and some imported goods. With over 50 stalls there is plenty on offer to cater to your art, fashion and gifts needs.
Located in the Greenlyn Village Centre park you can enjoy the relaxing location whilst browsing the delicious food at the neighbouring Hazel Food Market.
- When: Saturdays, 8 am - 2 pm
- Where: Corner of MacKenzie & 13th Streets - Menlo Park in Greenlyn Village Centre. (On grass area between Capital Craft & Isabellas)
- Full event info: Greenlyn Goods Market
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Hazel Food Market
Tuck into your delicious purchases under the treespierre_vdw5
The Hazel Food Market is a relaxed outdoor food market that hosts a large range of stalls offering everything from curry, samoosas, paella, smoothies and freshly squeezed juice to cured meats, cheese and fresh bread.
The stalls are arranged under the trees which offer the perfect place to sit while you tuck into your mouth-watering purchases. We advise you get there early as popular stalls sell out quickly.
- When: Saturdays, 8am - 2pm
- Where: Greenlyn Village Centre, Corner Thomas Edison & MacKenzie Streets, Menlo Park
- Full event info: Hazel Food Market
- Contact number: 078 593 7716
Tip: Specialty and night markets throughout the year. Next night markets are on the 2 September and 9 December starting at 5pm.
Irene at Smuts Market
Take a walk around the stallsIrene at Smuts Market
The Irene at Smuts Market takes place under the canopy of the surrounding trees on the grounds of the Smuts Museum. Walk amongst the stalls and choose from the hand-crafted art and jewellery, locally grown food, deli items and antiques. There is also a fully-licensed tea garden to visit.
Occasionally there are live music performances. Bring your family and the family pet for a morning out and enjoy a breakfast under the ample shade of the trees.
- When: Second & last Saturday of the month, 8.30am - 2pm
- Where: 62 Jan Smuts Avenue, Smuts House, Irene, Centurion
- Full event info: Irene at Smuts Market
- Contact number: 083 234 7541
Irene Village Market
Takes place on a local farmirenemarket
The Irene Village Market takes place on a local farm close to Irene Village. The market is host to more than 160 stalls.
Guests can choose from a selection of gourmet food stalls, craft beers, as well as a beautiful selection of handmade items from the arts and craft traders. Dogs are welcome.
- When: First & last Saturday of the month, 9am - 2pm
- Where: 7 Nelson Road, The Big Red Barn, Olifantsfontein
- Full event info: Irene Village Market
- Contact number: 060 965 4894
A selection of crafted goods and local artthehonestbaobab
If you’ve been left feeling stressed why not come down to the monthly Market@TheSheds for a relaxing day in the CBD. The live local bands throughout the day will provide you with entertainment while you choose from a wide variety of gourmet food stalls, craft beer, wine and cocktails.
Entrance is R30 before 1pm and R50 thereafter. Stalls also offer a selection of crafted goods and local art.
- Entrance Fee: R30 before 1pm, R50 thereafter
- When: Last Saturday of the month, 11am - 6pm
- Where: 381 Helen Joseph St, 012central, Pretoria Central
- Full event info: Market@TheSheds
- Contact number: 082 854 6854
Tip: Free admission for kids, cyclists and Vespa riders.
Montana Family Market
shop for bargainsMontana Family Market
This flea market has a wide variety of shops and is a great place to go bargain shopping. There is a small entrance fee of R2. Stalls include a selection of home decor, clothing, arts and crafts, electronics, cellphone and car accessories.
Stallholders are often up to negotiating a good price if you want to try your luck. The large food court offers some choice for when you want a bite.
Live music is sometimes played on the weekends and holidays. If you’re visiting with kids, visit the children’s play area.
- When: Tuesdays - Sundays & Public holidays, 9am-5pm
- Where: Corner Enkeldoorn Ave & Sefako Makgatho Drive, Pretoria
- Full event info: Montana Family Market
- Contact number: 012 548 6619
Pretoria Banting Market
All things bantingbantingmarketpretoria
The Pretoria Banting Market is a monthly market situated in the Pretoria Botanical Gardens. It offers a great selection of high quality low carb, healthy fat foods. Enjoy the live entertainment on offer while you sip your bulletproof coffee and enjoy a hot breakfast or munch a sugar-free waffle and ice cream.
Be sure to pack a picnic blanket so you can sit back and enjoy the relaxed atmosphere. A Real Meal Revolution coach is available to answer any banting-related questions. If you visit with kids, look out for the children’s entertainment table.
- When: First Saturday of the month, 9am - 1pm
- Where: Pretoria National Botanical Garden, Cussonia Road, Silverton.
- Full event info: Pretoria Banting Market
- Contact number: 079 527 4902
the early bird catches the wormsriyonoagus
'The early bird catches the worm' perfectly sums up the Pretoria Boeremark. Also known as the Pretoria Farmers Market this market is 25 years old and is located at the historic Pioneer Museum. You can choose from a selection of homemade vetkoeks, Dutch cheese, meat, fresh eggs as well as some vintage items.
- When: Saturdays, 5.30am - 9.30am
- Where: Pioneer Museum, Struben Street, Pretoria, Tshwane
- Full event info: Pretoria Boeremark
- Contact number: 079 987 1025
Tip: To fully appreciate this market we suggest you arrive early as the produce sells out quickly.
The Centurion Farm Stall Market
experience a farm-style market in the CBDThe Centurion Farm Stall Market
The Centurion Farm Stall Market is a flea market with a farm-style feel in the midst of the city buzz. The market has a laid-back atmosphere. Amongst the selection of food you’ll find boerewors rolls, samoosas and vetkoek as well as various delicatessen items.
There is also a selection of fresh fruit and vegetables on offer. Browse the art and craft selection. You might find a gem in the antique selection.
- When: Second & last Saturday of the month 9am - 2pm
- Where: Corner of Lyttleton Drive and Fairway Avenue, Clubview
- More info: The Centurion Farm Stall Market
- Contact number: 079 092 2023
Pretoria’s great selection of markets offer a space to reconnect with your city whilst fulfilling all your shopping needs. Whether you’re wanting to grab a hot breakfast, browse for something specific or just looking for a fun family day out, pop into your local market. No one can say Pretoria’s a boring city.
If you feel we've missed something amazing or have any suggestions regarding our system, we would love to hear from you! Contact: info (at) vibescout.com