On the 7th of April the Nation marched on Parliament, the Union Buildings and many other key locations across the country. South Africans have shown a united front with their grievances for our current President Jacob Zuma.
Below is the need-to-know info summarised in regards to the upcoming protests / national strike across the country on the 12th of April during Zuma's Birthday.
Public Service Announcement
Golden Arrow will issue a country wide strike on Wednesday, 12 April and it will continue until further notice. Golden Arrow and MyCiti ensure that all monthly clip cards will be valid once the strike ends.
12 April 2017
EFF, DA, ACDP, APC, COPE, IFP, UDM and others call on all South Africans to come out in numbers on the 12th of April 2017 to march to the union buildings. These parties have encouraged protestors in other cities to continue with the efforts they have on Friday 7th April.
- Cape Town: 12 April – Gather outside Parliament from noon
- (Time 12pm) March from Kaizergracht Street to the gates of Parliament.
- (Time 12pm) In front of the Iziko Museum.
- Freeway Bridge Banners: Have placards made to depict messages and gather in groups on bridges over freeways during peak hour traffic on Friday 12th from 06h00 to 08h00 and 16h00 to 18h30. .
13 April 2017
Follow up picketing will meet outside Parliament in the city centre.
- 13 April, Every Thursday up until Freedom Day - 27 April
- 12pm - 1pm
- Where: Roeland and Plein Street, Cape Town
15 April 2017
Two Oceans Marathon - athletes are asked to wear black in support of the Zuma must fall movement.
- When: 15 April - 6:40am, 1:40pm
- Where: Outside SA Breweries, Main Road, Newlands
12 April 2017
If you are wanting to protest on the 12th, it will be best to try make your way to the Pretoria march at the Union Buildings.
5 May 2017
Inaugural Dialogue - The first of a series of dialogues across the country hosted by The National Foundation Dialogue Initiative. The theme of the dialogue will be "Why does South Africa need a national dialogue? A call to the nation."
- When: 5 May 2017, 10am
- Where: Wits University, Senate House
12 April 2017 - National Day Of Action
National Day Of Action - The opposition political parties will meet in Pretoria and march on the Union Buildings.
- When: 12 April 2017 - 9am - 5pm. March begins at 12pm
- Where: Church Square, Pretoria
12 April 2017
- Current plans for the march is for people to meet at 9am by the Durban Circus site – opposite the old Durban drive-in, on the corner of Sandile Thusi (Argyle) Road and the M4 Ruth First Highway. The march will proceed to Ampitheatre Park along Durban’s North Beach, and back to the gathering point.
- 11am at North Beach in Front of Joe Cools on Friday for the Durban leg of 'walk for a corruption free South Africa'. We will walk to Durban City Hall and handover a petition signed by us all asking for Zuma to stand down. The time is here to stand together as one Durban of all races.
- (Time 9am) Sandile Thusi Road (Argyle Road) to Amphitheater at the Beachfront.
12 April 2017
- Vuyisile Mini Square, Port Elizabeth – 13:00
- 11th April
- 2pm Protest at Speakers Corner
- 7pm Protest at White Hall
Things You Need To Know About Your Legal Capacity To Protest
- Section 7 Of The Constitution Of South Africa allows every citizen the right to peacefully protest.
- No weapons. Also, no military or police uniform may be worn by protesters.
- You may not cover your face.
- These protests are LEGAL as long as they comply with the requirements set out in The Constitution.
Protest Events on Vibescout
Vibescout is a social event discovery website - we publish a large variety of events, some of which might be related to the protests on this day. Check out:
If you have anything to add or we have missed something please contact us on firstname.lastname@example.org
Vibescout is not directly or indirectly affiliated with the protests and any and all legal advice is to be serve as informative value only.