Thank you for showing an interest in the Siyakhuluma Project. Below is information regarding course work, dates, venue and testimonials
Beginners isiZulu Language & Culture course: R500 per person
8 x 1h15m classes over 8 weeks.
Hillcrest: Hillcrest High School / Center – Thursdays
Start: Thursday 14 September: 17:30 – 19:00
End: Thursday 9 November: 17:30 – 19:00
The course work covers;
• The cultural aspects of the Zulu people and their language.
• Teacher: Tholani Hlongwa UKZN Edgewood lecturer & P.h.D candidate.
• How to make polite requests; Petrol station and shops themes. The course work is set in themes that use relevant language use in the KZN context.
• Basic sentence structure. How to form simple practical sentences.
• The IsiZulu phonetics; Clicks & Obstruent (C, Q, X, HL).
• The 8 noun classes of isiZulu which are very important to understand when learning a Bantu language.
• Course work is practical in nature and focuses on student centred teaching methods. Emphasis is made on reinforcement exercises.
• You can attend other venues if you need to make up a missed class.
1. Confirm space availability.
2. Make payment and email the POP with the students’ name and contact number. email@example.com
Banking Details: Payment – EFT- can be made in full to;
The Siyakhuluma Project
Branch: Durban North - 220426
Acc NO: 62517917730
Ref: Your name & venue
Testimonials from Siyakhuluma Students
“The Siyakhuluma course has been so much fun - no stress, no fear about getting the clicks and grammar right immediately - just hugely interesting learning about the Zulu culture, and a lot of fun to boot. This course is highly, highly recommended - if you are able to attend a course - do it - you will not regret it.” Tash Palmboom
“As an absolute beginner, I had long sought a course which was close to home, did not cost a fortune and reliable. Siyakhuluma Project ticked all the boxes.” Trevor Smith
“Thank you Christo and Tholani for a great INFORMATIVE course, I have learnt so much. I felt “LOVED” during the entire training, both of you have portrayed how important each culture is and to learn from each other. You make an awesome team!” Cindy Ras
“Great course Christo and Tholani.” Lesley Slade.
“I really enjoyed the 8-week course. It was fun and encouraging. I think the lessons and reference notes are great. Thank you for all your efforts.” John Hughes
“Our teacher was brilliant & made classes fun and interesting. Definitely worth doing! Nicholas Naidu
“Tholani Hlongwa was a wonderful teacher (I am a retired teacher so think I know one when I see one), and her cultural knowledge asides made the material so relevant. It was both exciting, and humbling. Christine Greener
“I wish Christo and Tholani the continued success their hard work deserves!” Andrew Jones
“I loved the course & would highly recommend it to anyone. It was just the right length of time, very easy to fit into a busy schedule. The notes were clearly set out & logical, and there were a lot of everyday practical example to practice in class & try at home.” Susan Ford
Thank you for your wonderful initiative and work! Cherryl Surgeson
+27 82 776 6787
Email: firstname.lastname@example.orgSHOW MORE